Over the years, I have attempted to adapt most recipes to create traditional dishes. Until last week, lasagna seemed like an insurmountable task, even though I had finally found gluten-free lasagna noodles, I wasn’t sure how I’d re-create the taste (and texture) of ricotta cheese for my lasagna loving boyfriend. After some searching, I was able to find a great recipe, and success was had! Not only did my family LOVE the lasagna, but they suggested I make extras and freeze them so that we can make them whenever we feel like.
- 2 lbs ground meat
- 1 batch of pasta sauce
- Double batch of Cashew Ricotta Cheese
- Gluten-free lasagna noodles
- Dairy-free mozzarella shreds (optional – I like Dayia Mozzarella Shreds)
- Brown meat (this would also taste delicious as a vegetarian dish) and combine with prepared sauce
- Prepare noodles according to directions on package (I used Rizopia brown rice lasagna noodles, which did not require pre-cooking)
- Layer lasagna as follows: sauce, noodles, cheese, sauce, noodles, cheese, sauce (I also sprinkled some Dayia Mozzarella Shreds on top)
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
*this recipe made two 9×9″ lasagna, or could make a larger one.