On my search for a lasagna option my family would actually love, I came across this post for Cashew Ricotta Cheese. Turns out it cooked perfectly and even mimicked the taste and texture of the real thing.
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp each apple cider vinegar & lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- dash of onion powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Soak the cashews for at least two hours in a bowl of water, covering the cashews about an inch with water
- Drain cashews and place all ingredients into a blender or food processor, blend scraping the sides as needed until creamy. Taste for flavors adding any additional ingredients if needed.
- Store in refrigerator in an air tight container for an hour or two (I like to leave it overnight).
*this makes about 2 cups and can keep in the refrigerator for up to a week