Motivated by my craving for Seafood Casserole, I had to try and find a suitable version of Velveeta cheese. Thankful for the internet, I was able to find this one that worked great in this dish, and others.
- 1 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/3 cup Quinoa flour
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Coconut milk (rice or almond would also work)
- 1/3 cup Butter substitute (I like Vegan Becel)
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large saucepan. Add water, whisk into a paste
- Place pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens (about 2 minutes)
- Whisk in coconut milk and stir constantly until sauce thickens and begins to bubble
- Remove from heat and whisk butter in mix
- Pour into greased muffin tin and freeze until completely solidified
- Once solid, take the “pucks” out of the muffin tin and put them in a freezer bag until ready to use. These will work best if taken out an hour or so before use.